The University of Cyprus announces that it will be accepting applications for their new postgraduate programme, beginning in September 2022, by Thursday 31st of March 2022 until 12 noon.
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY AND ARCHAEOLOGY
Ten (10) places are available for the new postgraduate programme
MSc in Digital Heritage and Landscape Archaeology
The programme is taught in English
Candidates should hold a BA degree in Archaeology, History, Classics, Anthropology or other related fields of research (History of Art, Architecture, Geography, Geology, Topography, Environmental Sciences, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering) from recognized universities.
Graduates of the University of Cyprus and Greek Universities must have an undergraduate diploma with a cumulative grade of 6.5 or higher. The equivalent is required for graduates from other universities. The applicants must also speak English at a satisfactory level.
The applications should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of University degrees or confirmation of graduation
- Copy of English language certificate: (a) for admission of international students, (b) for admission to an English-language postgraduate programme, (c) for admission to a postgraduate programme where knowledge of English is a prerequisite. Applicants must speak English at a satisfactory level: GCE or TOEFL with a grade “B” or higher for GCE- O’ level, and 600 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS (this does not apply to native speakers or holders of a degree from an English speaking University).
- Copies of Transcripts for all programmes of study graduate and undergraduate.
- A brief (1 page / up to 650 words) statement of personal goals and research interests (in English).
- The names and emails of at least two (2) referees (University Professors) familiar with the candidate and his/her academic performance. Candidates should request letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the University. The Department may request additional confidential information from referees. The reference letters are electronically submitted through the online application system.
Candidates who meet the necessary requirements will be called for an interview.
A number of fee-waiver scholarships will be offered to the best full-time registered candidates admitted in the graduate programme.
Programme Coordinator: Professor Apostolos Sarris, Telephone: +357-22893572, +30-6944789404
Department’s Secretary: Tel: +357-22892180, +357-22893560, Fax: +357-22895068
Submission of applications:
Applications can be submitted electronically using the online application system http://ucy.ac.cy/postgraduate_appl_en by Thursday, 31st March 2022 until 12 noon.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their application has successfully been submitted. Upon successful submission, the candidate will receive an automated confirmation e-mail.
Click here to see the call for applications.